His appearance resembles more of a ghost a lot more than the Krasue does.
He appears as a ghost resembling that of a human skeleton, with misty yellow eyes, a rather large cranium/head, and a few missing teeth. His hands also appear knarly, and have four claws. He always has his mouth open, even when killing the player.
He wears a translucent grey cloak, which is torn and ragged, but only his head, neck and hands are seen.
In the main mode, he acts the same as the Krasue, but he has a completely different mechanic when in-game. Sometimes, he will go into a portrait of himself, and it will teleport him to whatever floor he wants to go. He will chase the player upon contact, or notice.
In the Newbie setting, he is extremely slow.
In the Easy setting, he has the same average slowness.
In the Normal setting, he is slightly faster, but still easy to get away.
In the Hard setting he is faster, and can catch the player during mid-escape.
In the Nightmare setting, he is a lot faster, and still hard to get away from.
Just like with the Krasue, the eyes show his vision, in which it will show him that he will enter a painting. It takes him four seconds to come out of the painting, which gives the player enough time to escape before he spots the player. When active, he makes deep moaning sounds, even if he's on another floor. He is very dangerous when being sneaky.
He will lose interest in chasing the player if they hide, or if they are far away, but will attempt to follow the player when they exit the place where they hide. When killing the player, he lets out a in-human screech, like what ghosts normally do.
In Endless Mode, he will do the same job. But over time he will become faster, and faster the more the player continues to search making things more difficult.
Trick or Treat? Mode:
In the Halloween Mode, he works the same. If the player gets distracted by the Magic Pumpkin, then this gives him an advantage to kill the player if they don't pay attention. All in all, he still works the same.
Double Trouble Mode:
In Double Trouble Mode, he is just as deadly when working along with the Krasue. He will teleport through paintings, which can distract the player while they worry about Krasue lingering the the halls, making them a deadly duo.
- The game's store purchases reveal that Charlie is a ancient manifestation of evil, with abilities to enter dimensions through the portraits of himself
- When completing the game, his moan plays instead of the Krasue's in Standard Mode, meaning he is canon in some way, or in his own way.
- Many fans have mistaken Charlie to be a female due to his name.
- This can be common since Charlie has a simple name that both males, and females can have.
- He, and the Hospital map were not accessible in the "Trick or Treat?" mode.
- This was eventually changed.
- Strangely, when using an eye in Double Trouble Mode, Krasue appears to not be in his vision.
- The same goes for the Krasue as Charlie is not in her vision.
- A video by the YouTuber CaffeTV suggested Charlie was human, and was the husband of the Krasue. The original video can be found here. (Note: None of this is true, and was proven false by Paulina Pabis.)