The Eyes (Also known as Eye Runes) are the main tool, and the namesake of the game. They have the ability to see through the monster's twisted minds of where they're going, or if they're near,
Eyes are a pickup object found on walls throughout the house. When using one (by pressing Q, or tapping the Eye icon on mobile) it's possible to have a view on what the ghost is currently seeing. The effect lasts 5 seconds, at the end of those the view comes back to the player's perspective. While using an eye, the view will be in a negative shader. Eyes are meant for a strategic purpose, because they enable the player to track the ghost's movements; however, familiarity with the house and its layout is necessary in order for these insights to be useful.
Originally, when using the eyes while Charlie is around, the eyes show third-person views of paintings of Charlie. The eyes show what painting he is, or is going to come out of. This was later changed, as Charlie has the same vision as the Krasue's, but his vision is red instead of blue.
Here are known locations of the eyes in the Mansion:
- On the wall, adjacent to the grandfather clock in the ground floor. (Main floor)
- On the wall, near the ladders in the ground floor. (Main floor)
- On the wall of the corner room of the ground floor. (Main floor)
- In the fireplace room, on the wall to the left. (Main floor)
- In the dining room, on the walls of the corner nearest to the table. (Main Floor)
- In the kitchen, on the walls of the corner with the sink. (Main Floor)
- In the computer room; activate the printer, then take the Eye that it prints out. (Top Floor)
- In the bathroom near the tub. (Top Floor)
- In the record room, near the record. (Top Floor)
- On the wall of the corners near the safe. (Top Floor)
- Inside the safe. (Top Floor)
- By one of the doors in the big room. (Top Floor)
- On top of the book on the staircase. (Top Floor)
- Inside the candle room. (Top Floor)
- To the left of the player near the stairs. (Top Floor)
- By the stairs in the basement. (Basement)
- Near the green generators above the cement bags. (Basement)
- In the room with the green doors. (Basement)
- In front of the barrels on either sides if the map. (Basement)
- Inside the room that requires a key. (Basement)
- Inside a stack of crates by the gate door. (Basement)
- Sitting by a metal shelf near the ground pipe. (Basement)
- Near the ground pipe. (Basement)
- If the player uses an eye while the ghost is close to him, it's possible to see the Robber's model. The death animation will be still be triggered resulting in, often, killing the player however the jumpscare will still be seen.
- When looking closely, the eyes resembles the Krasue's as they are red, and are leaking blood.
- Strangely, Charlie uses the same eyes as the Krasue, but his are yellow and round.
- In the old version of the game, when using the ghost's vision it would show the Robber was just a floating flashlight before this was changed.
- In the first version of the game, the Eyes had eyelashes, and we're black instead of red.
- The eyes appear to have been painted on the walls. Unknown as of who did it.